Your Ticket to Travel. Discover Florence, Tuscany, Italy & Europe
SPECIAL EVENTAvailability good
While Carnival is celebrated all over the world, Venice holds the number one spot for the most popular Carnival celebration in Europe. A tradition dating back to the 1200’s and revived in 1979, this colorful pre-Lent festival starts two weeks before Ash Wednesday and ends on Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras).
The Venetian Carnival is different from others due in part to the lavish masquerade-style costumes worn by residents, many of which are from the 18th Century, reflecting the Venetian “age of decadence”. The exquisite costumes, combined with the background of this unique and beautiful city of water, make Venice Carnival a once-in-a-lifetime visual feast.
Start your day in Venice with a boat ride into Piazza San Marco, the heart of Venice and home of the Carnival festival. From here, you can explore Venice’s most famous sites such as the St. Mark's Cathedral, the Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge and watch the main Carnival costume parades.
Don't miss out on this extraordinary festival in one of the world's most unique cities!!!
► Private boat ride to Piazza San Marco
► Murano glass blowing demonstration
► Piazza San Marco
► The elaborate, Venetian masks and costumes
► Carnival events and parades
In 2018 the Venice Carnival is happening from Sunday January 28th to Tuesday February 13th. FlorenceForFun will be running tours on Saturday and Sunday during this period.
• Transport by private coach bus with DVD player
• Transfer to/from Piazza San Marco by private boat
• Glass-blowing demonstration
• FlorenceForFun Venice Carnival information booklet
with map and event listing
• FlorenceForFun Tour Leader
* note that drinks, snacks and meals, are not included in the price of the tour package and are at the expense of the individual.
• Please wear sensible shoes – boots or sneakers are suitable. There is no difficult walking but you will be standing for most of the day.
• Check the weather online before you go to make sure you are wearing appropriate clothing for the trip. In February Venice can be quite cold. This trip will not be canceled based on the weather.
Meals are not included. You will need to have enough money for snacks, water, lunch, and any souvenirs you choose to buy. Most souvenir shops will accept credit cards. The prices can be a bit more expensive than Florence, but there are a range of options including sandwiches, pizza by the slice, pasta, gelato, restaurants, etc.
Remember that in Italy most shops and food outlets will NOT accept credit cards for transactions under 10 euro. Make sure you have some cash with you for snacks and shopping in the tourist markets in Venice.
FlorenceForFun officeVia Ghibellina 131/red, Florence
Opening hours: Monday to Friday
between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
Phone: (+39) 055 283 759
Cell: (+39) 328 7290848
Fax:(+39) 055 283 759
Facebook Page: FlorenceForFun