Your Ticket to Travel. Discover Florence, Tuscany, Italy & Europe
Day TripAvailability good
Take a trip to the Italian Riviera to visit the magnificent Cinque Terre, literally meaning five lands but actually in this case referring to five seaside towns.
Relax on the beautiful beach at Monterosso or follow your tour leader to hike (not included) along the path on the clifftops for stunning panoramic views of the coastline and birdseye views of the quaint villages characterized by their colorful buildings and fishing boats.
For decades visitors have left their messages written on the walls of Lovers' Lane. Unfortunately due to landslides it is no longer open, however there is now a trend sweeping Italy and Europe, to leave ‘love padlocks’ on railings, gates and any available surface.
Visit some of Italy's most impressive coastline and let it leave its indelible message on your memories.
► Colored fishing boats scattered through the towns
► Local produce, focaccia, seafood and pesto
► The beach front village of Monterosso
► Stunning views from the hiking trails (hiking optional)
This tour runs every Friday and Sunday from early April to the end of October.
• Round-trip transport
• Free time to explore the towns & beaches
• FlorenceForFun Cinque Terre information sheet
• FlorenceForFun tour leaders
*note that drinks, snacks and meals, are not included in the price of the tour package and are at the expense of the individual.
The FlorenceForFun tour leader will provide you with a comprehensive information sheet that allows you to plan your day in the Cinque Terre. You can choose to visit the towns by train, hike on the walking trails between the towns or just chill out on the beach.
OPTIONAL EXTRA - €20
Spend the day with the FlorenceForFun tour leader. They will plan a comprehensive itinerary and take you to see all the sights in the Cinque Terre. €20 includes unlimited train travel between the Cinque Terre towns, entrance to the National Park and the hiking trails, free time at the beach in Monterosso and of course the tour leader!
EXPLORE CINQUE TERRE ON YOUR OWN
If you would like to explore the Cinque Terre on your own, the cost of the entrance to the National Park and the hiking trails is €7.50 and travel between the towns costs €4 per train ride. You will need to take the train back to La Spezia at the end of the day to meet the bus to return to Florence.
• Please note that if you elect to go hiking that it is actually a hike. The level of difficulty is moderate to difficult. We have had clients ranging in age from 16 to a fit 75 years. (subject to walking trails being open)
• Please wear sensible shoes for walking/hiking. You will not be walking on a sidewalk but on dirt trails that are in some places rocky and steep. We recommend that you wear SNEAKERS, TENNIS SHOES, or HIKING SHOES/SANDALS. Flip Flops, ballerina flats and other similar shoes are not suitable.
• You must be able to carry your belongings for the day. We recommend a small day/back pack rather than a handbag as it is much more comfortable for walking.
• If you would like to spend time at the beach bring your swimsuit and a beach towel. There are changing facilities on the beach at Monterosso that cost between 70c and €1.
FLORENCEFORFUN MEETING POINT
Please make sure you check-in with your tour guide in front of Sina Villa Medici Hotel in Via Il Prato no. 42 (approximately a 10 minute walk from S.M.Novella train station).
FlorenceForFun officeVia Ghibellina 131/red, Florence
Opening hours: Monday to Friday
between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
Phone: (+39) 055 283 759
Cell: (+39) 328 7290848
Fax:(+39) 055 283 759
Facebook Page: FlorenceForFun